If there’s one thing i’ve learned while living in San Francisco, it’s how to manage clothes for multiple climates. On any given day, it can feel like a Midwest fall by morning, summer by late afternoon, and some April showers-type fog sprinkled somewhere in between. Dressing for fall can be a similar scenario. With temperatures quickly changing throughout the day, finding something to wear can be frustrating (especially with summer staples or winter faves packed away.)
Taking cues from some of the tips i’ve learned here, i’ve rounded up 10 pieces that have served me best in all ranges of weather. From trusty moto-jackets that can be thrown over anything, to an everyday knit dress that’s as cute as it is cozy, here are a couple essentials to stock-up on for the season ahead.
On another note, I’m investing in a few new pieces of my own for an exciting upcoming press trip. I can’t wait to share more deets on this in the coming weeks! 🙂
1. BLANKNYC Life Changer Moto Jacket ($98) – It serves as both a jacket and a style statement for day or night. You won’t catch me leaving my house without it.
2. Articles of Society Carly Crop Skinny Jeans ($59) – My favorite, affordable brand in a style that has a cropped hem that’s very on trend for fall.
3. Blondo Liam Waterproof Bootie ($149) – A neutral shoe statement for wearing with sweater dresses or jeans and a tee.
4. Elan V-back Maxi Dress ($58) – Maxis are the best way to pull off a dress during the cooler months. Just pair with a denim or leather jacket and you’re good-to-go. Note: It’s my favorite comfy travel outfit, too!
5. BP Plaid Scarf ($22) – Rock it with short-sleeves on a warmer day, or with a loose sweater on colder ones.
6. American Apparel Denim Skirt ($58) – Match it with a long-sleeve and boots (or booties) for a casual, yet cute outfit perfect for any coffee date.
7. Madewell Transport Tote ($198) – A tote in a hue that’s autumn-approved and great for carrying extra layers around.
8. Madewell Whisper Cotton Crew Neck ($19.50) – Your closet’s favorite staple in a soft and flattering fit.
9. H&M Jersey Dress ($20) – There are so many ways to wear/style this one, I have a closet filled with more than one!
10. Madewell Kent Cardigan Sweater ($98) – For warmer weeks, i’ll pair this with a skirt and booties in lieu of a jacket. Once the temperatures dip, i’ll use it for staying extra warm indoors.